Jobs & Internships
ASCSU Speaker of Senate Application 2020-2021
Applications for this role close on March 11th, 2020
The Speaker of the Senate is the most visible and authoritative spokesperson for the Senate. The incoming Speaker will manage the business on the floor of Senate, navigate legislative rules, enforce the ASCSU Bylaws and Code(s), structure the Senate debates and committees, and be the public face of student government. They will act as the head of the Legislative Branch, overseeing everything from accounting to procurement to membership. The Speaker determines the ASCSU Legislative agenda, in consultation with the public, committees, the President and the Senate.
As the Speaker of the Senate in ASCSU we expect you to fulfill the following duties:
- Attend all required department and office wide meetings/functions.
- Fulfill all tasks delegated to you.
- Helps make the association more productive by prioritizing, organizing agendas, taking minutes and chasing down action items.
- Have experience in public affairs, government or politics where they have used parliamentary procedure in conducting buisness
- Adhere to the ASCSU Code of Ethics
- Maintain this standing and enrollment throughout their term in office. Applicants should have a 2.25 minimum, but 2.5+ cumulative preferrred.
- Must have at least 24 credits on record by time of application.
Upon applying you will be reached out to by the Elections Manager to schedule a Elections Orientation. Due to the nature of this application and the amount of emails the Elections Manager receives, if you have questions or require assistance with completing the application, responses may be delayed or auto-response. The Elections Manager can be contacted here here.
ASCSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
*Applicant must be US-based.