Jobs & Internships
ASCSU Chief Justice Application
Applications for this role close on a rolling basis
The Judicial Branch of the ASCSU is accepting applications for the position of Chief Justice. The position is a one-year term. The Judicial Branch of ASCSU strives for the fair and equal treatment of all students in their conduct proceedings at the University, whether those proceedings are through the office of Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct Services. Being the Chief Justice means that as the head of the Judicial Branch, you will be committed to supporting and advocating student interests on the Fort Collins campus, in the City of Fort Collins, and in the State of Colorado. The Chief Justice must be deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You will both oversee and lead the Associate Justices working alongside you in the Judicial Branch, providing clear and straightforward direction for the organization.
We look forward to reading your application for this pretigious position! If you have any questions about the application or require assistance with completing the application, please contact our Office of the Chief of Staff directly here.
As the Chief Justice of ASCSU we expect you to fulfill the following duties:
- Attend all required department and office wide meetings/functions, including Cabinet.
- Fulfill all tasks delegated to you.
- Maintain this standing and enrollment throughout their term in office. Applicants should have a 2.25 minimum, but 2.5+ cumulative preferrred.
- Attend all of the All-University Hearing Board meetings and trainings.
- Attend all of the Supreme Court meetings and trainings.
- Having previous experience in either/both law and politics is benefitial to this role.
APPLY FOR CHIEF JUSTICE
Applications for this role once completed should be sent to the Office of the Chief of Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, the Office of the Chief of Staff along with the Office of the President will review and select the best-qualified applicants and reach out to them personally. A review of submitted materials will begin immediately.
ASCSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
*Applicant must be US-based.